Developed cooperatively with scholars and librarians worldwide, Oxford Bibliographies offers exclusive, authoritative research guides. Combining the best features of an annotated bibliography and a high-level encyclopedia, this cutting-edge resource guides researchers to the best available scholarship across a wide variety of subjects.
Now offering a rapidly expanding range of subject areas and ongoing enhancements, Oxford Bibliographies is reaching more scholars and students than ever before, increasing productivity, saving time, and elevating the quality of research.
To explore the site, librarians are encouraged to sign up for free institution-wide trials, and anyone can search, browse, and view the opening sections of every article currently available.
- Selective: Expert recommendations on the best works available in each discipline – whether it be a chapter, a book, a journal article, a website, an archive, or data set – streamline the research process
- Credible: Each subject area is overseen by an Editor in Chief, an Editorial Board, and peer reviewers, ensuring a balanced perspective with scholarly accuracy, authority, and objectivity
- Original Scholarly Content: Each article includes an introduction written by a top scholar in the fields and is an authoritative guide to the current scholarship with original commentary and annotations by top scholars
- Seamless Pathways: Intuitive linking and discoverability tools help users quickly locate full text content to prevent dead ends
- Customization: Oxford Bibliographies personalization allows you to sign in to create a personalized list of citations with your own notes and annotations
- Up to Date and Expanding: A robust updating program keeps researchers informed of advances in their fields
- Discoverability: MARC 21 records available at the subject and article level; Open URL and full-text DOIs seamlessly link citations to the library’s catalog increasing discoverability and usage of library resources