This Site Help provides the information you need to use and understand the features, content, and functions within Oxford Bibliographies.
If you do not find the information you need, other useful resources include:
- our FAQs, which answer specific editorial, customer service, and technical questions
- Anatomy of an Article, which lays out in detail the different parts of an Oxford Bibliographies article and how they function
- the Guided Tour, a video walkthrough of the site
ACCESSING THE SITE
Automatic authentication is the most common means of accessing the contents of Oxford Bibliographies. Most institutions will set up their access via IP-authentication or URL referrer. This means that if you are on the University’s network then you are automatically logged into the site without any other login information needed. If you believe your institution subscribes and you are on your University’s network connection, but you are not automatically logged in when you go to the site, please consult your librarian or library administrator. Librarians, to enable access to Oxford Bibliographies for your institution, please contact Customer Service.
Some institutions require a password to access the site. Please type your username and password into the login fields on the home page and remember that your password is case-sensitive.
- If you have forgotten your password, click here.
- If you have problems logging in, please contact Customer Service.
- If you do not know your institution’s log in details, please consult your librarian.
Login with Athens/Access Management Federation
If you have an Athens account or you are at an institution using an Access Management Federation please select your institution from the drop down list provided. If your institution is not listed or you have any other questions please contact us::
Outside the Americas: email@example.com
Within the Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some libraries allow remote access to websites to which they subscribe. Your librarian can tell you if that option is available to you. If your library does allow remote access, enter your library card number in the Library Card field on the home page. If you encounter difficulties entering the site using your library card number, please contact your librarian.
Oxford Bibliographies is compatible with:
- Chrome 83.0.4103
- Edge 44.18362
- Edge 83.0.478.37
- Firefox 68.8esr
- Firefox 76.0.1
- Safari 13
SEARCH AND BROWSE
LINKS TO RESOURCES
Each Oxford Bibliographies article provides direct recommendations and contextual information so that users can find exactly the research resources they need. Each article consists of introductory and commentary text followed by an annotated list of links to cited works:
- DOIs have been provided (where available) and link directly to the resource cited.
- OpenURL icons link to that resource’s record in your library’s catalog. Library administrators: to enable OpenURL on your account, please visit the Account Preferences section of Subscriber Services.
- WorldCat links point directly to that resource’s record in OCLC WorldCat.
- Google Books links (where available) lead directly to the resource within Google Books.
These links may be turned on or off by the library administrator via Account Preferences within Subscriber Services.